451086-362
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

451086-362

451086-362

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Replacing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter_2.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Replacing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter_2. Empty
PostSubject: Replacing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter_2.   Replacing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter_2. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:48 pm

My Dell Notebook the particular power adapter that carries with it an output voltage of 16V for 4. 5A current. A day the adapter stopped doing the job. I decided to seek to repair the adapter. Historically I repaired several transforming power supplies of PCs and likewise one AC-power adapter on the Asus notebook. I found out that much of the supplies had similar faults. Often they are ease to seek out and to repair. This Instructable shows learn how to repair a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter but utilizing the same principles it can figure with any switching power supply. 1、 Things needed AND SAFETYFirst of everything required the defective power produce... < img src="http: //s. wordpress. com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile. gif" alt=": -)" class="wp-smiley"> The you require a screw driver. It may just be phillips type or a flat blade type, depending to the power supply. In case of typically the Dell Notebook adapter you may need a Dremel tool and a fabulous cutting disc too. To realize the dead parts you may need a multimeter that contain... 2、 Opening the caseThe Dell Notebook computer AC-Adapter (Dell Inspiron E1505 AC Adapter) is absolutely not meant to be approved. The case is crafted from two plastic frames shoved together and melted in the contact to one element. To take it apart you want to cut the two halfes utilizing a Dremel tool and an important cutting disc. WAIT SOME MINUTES AFTER PULLING THE FORCE CHORD FOR THE CAPACITORS... 3、 Reading through and understanding... Start picking out the parts of the power supply. We concentrate only even on a few parts. I often revealed that these are probably the most critical parts. Most swicth mode electric power supplies die when being started up. At that moment a very high current flows on the leading power side. You can observe that if you advert in th... 4、 The FuseStart aided by the fuse. Turn you multimeter to help diode test (continuity test) and also put the test cables that on both ends of this fuse. The multimeter should "beep" and show an awfully low voltage (Dell Inspiron 1501 AIR COOLING Adapter). If that is a case the fuse is ok and does not need to be replaced. Otherwise you'll have to desolder the... 5、 The RectifierNext part in your chain is the rectifier. In nearly all situations I saw til today there is also a full bridge rectifier put into use. Here it is a set one located near the ability connector. Again use this diode test for statistic. From underneath the printed circuit board you could reach the rectifiers partners ea... 6、 The CapacitorNow use the Multimeter in diode mode to realize if the capacitor succeeds. Place the measuring pins over the pins of the capacitor and check out the display while doing of which. As soon as you place the pins this display shows 0V. Then that voltage in the display starts growing as well as display shows infini... 7、 RepairingAfter we revealed what went wrong you can easliy repair the power source. If the capacitor is usually broken, desolder and take the place of it. I tried to realize if this was a common defect part and thought i would do further testing before attempting to buy a replacement. I did so not have the capacitor that had been used in the pow...
Back to top Go down
https://451086-362.forumotion.com

Replacing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter_2.
Page 1 of 1