451086-362
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

451086-362

451086-362

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Repairing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Repairing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter. Empty
PostSubject: Repairing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter.   Repairing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:48 pm

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
My Dell Notebook uses a power adapter that posseses an output voltage of 16V with 4. 5A current. One day the adapter stopped doing the job. I decided to seek to repair the adapter. In the past I repaired several shifting power supplies of PCs and as well one AC-power adapter of your Asus notebook. I found out that most of the supplies had similar problems. Often they are ease to get and to repair. This Instructable shows how to repair a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter but when using the same principles it can figure with any switching power. 1? Things needed AND SAFETY First of all you need the defective power supply 鈥? The you desire a screw driver. It could possibly be phillips type or a designated blade type, depending around the power supply. In case of the actual Dell Notebook adapter you want a Dremel tool and the cutting disc too. To find out the dead parts you want a multimeter that contain鈥? /p> 2? Opening the case The particular Dell Notebook AC-Adapter (Dell Inspiron E1505 AC Adapter) seriously isn't meant to be started. The case is crafted from two plastic frames pressed together and melted inside the contact to one item. To take it apart you need to cut the two halfes which has a Dremel tool and the cutting disc. WAIT SOME MINUTES AFTER PULLING THE POWER CHORD FOR THE CAPACITORS鈥? /p> <! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->

<! --
AB_pos = "intext";
AB_lang = "en";
AB_cat_channel = "0016438529, ";
AB_path = "http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/";
document. write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/gads/controller3. js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
//-->

google_ad_channel = "7940249670, " + AB_cat_channel + AB_unit_channel;
google_language = "en";
google_ad_region = 'test';

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
3? Examining and understanding 鈥? /p> Start locating the parts of the power. We concentrate only on a few parts. I often found out that these are some of the most critical parts. Most swicth mode electric power supplies die when being switched on. At that moment a superior current flows on the leading power side. You is able to see that if you put in th鈥? /p> 4? The Fuse Start while using the fuse. Turn you multimeter to help diode test (continuity test) plus put the test cabling on both ends of the fuse. The multimeter really should 鈥渂eep鈥? and show a very low voltage (Dell Inspiron 1501 AIR COOLING Adapter). If that could be the case the fuse is ok and does not need to be replaced. Otherwise you have to desolder the鈥? /p> 5? The Rectifier Next part in the chain is the rectifier. In nearly all scenarios I saw til today there is a full bridge rectifier utilized. Here it is a set one located near the facility connector. Again use this diode test for rank. From underneath the printed circuit board you possibly can reach the rectifiers associates ea鈥? /p> 6? The Capacitor Now benefit from our Multimeter in diode mode to find out if the capacitor operates. Place the measuring pins within the pins of the capacitor and look at the display while doing this. As soon as an individual place the pins your display shows 0V. Then the voltage in the display starts growing as well as the display shows infini鈥? /p> 7? Repairing After we found out what went wrong we can easily repair the power furnish. If the capacitor is usually broken, desolder and swap it. I tried to find out if this was the sole defect part and thought i would do further testing before wishing to buy a replacement. I did not have the capacitor that had been used in the pow鈥? /p> <! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->.
Back to top Go down
https://451086-362.forumotion.com

Repairing a Dell Notebook AC-Adapter.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
451086-362 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: